Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Orange Appreciate the Experience



Senior running back Prince-Tyson Gulley is no stranger to the military. His mother Shellaree Bradford serves in the Navy and his brother Toneo plays football at the U.S. Naval Academy.

The family ties have allowed him to fully appreciate his time on post and the Fort Drum experience.

“Since my mom joined, I see it from a fully different perspective,” Gully said. “Coming up here is real big to me because I know what they do because I’ve seen it first hand with my mother. She’s gone all day just 
working and protecting our country – it’s a big deal. So when we come up here I make sure that I show love to them because I know how big of a deal it is and the time you have to put in. That’s why it’s always a big deal to me because I know what they do even if it’s a different branch of service.”

For senior quarterback Terrel Hunt, the experience is different this time around. Having previously made two trips to Fort Drum, this is his first time at the post as the starter. On top of the military interaction, Hunt feels interacting with his own teammates, especially the freshmen is one of the biggest benefits of the trip.

“The army interaction and time here has helped because you don’t know the freshmen that well, but we’re learning,” Hunt said. “I’m able to work with them, I’m able to talk with them and I’m able to get to know them on a personal basis. That helps a lot”

The Orange have its final full day on post tomorrow, where they will get an opportunity to host a clinic for the children at Fort Drum.



Top Articles from Aug. 13 on the Orange:
Nunes Magician: Eskridge Journey Featured
Cuse Nation Blog: Hodge Poised for Breakout Season
Syracuse.com: Fort Drum Relationship will Continue to Strengthen

No comments:

Post a Comment